One woman, one voice providing the most useful, inspiring, pretty, products, pieces & opinions. Clear the noise at my Boutique Blog! xoxo Carrie Pink
Interracial Dating4 Comments
|Photo By Merlin A. Summers/WireImage|
Now-a-days with the assumed lack of qualified black men in our communities compared to those professional black woman who consider themselves qualified (no shots) I’m hearing many more women say now more than ever that they are willing to date outside of their race to find the best suitor.
Now with this new declaration I often wonder if these questions ever arise… What is an interracial relationship like? And what does it sound like? What are the unforeseen challenges? How do you adapt to the variance if any in cultures? Should black women even be worrying about these questions or does love transcend race?
Maybe its just me but I worry how many people allow general personality differences and culture clashes to play out in their relationships. I mean for me personally there are black men who I wouldn’t date because our personalities don’t mesh, so you’d assume when going interracial you’d still use the same judgement.
But everyone doesn’t seem to think the same way. I find some women who venutre into the world of interracial dating literally changing who they are to be more appealing to the interracial dating pool. They are changing the way they look, the way they speak and how they act…..
Is this an acceptable byproduct of the quest for love? Pretending to be someone who aren’t just to attract a man? And yes I say to attract a man because I don’t really see men who interacially date doing the same thing.
I would think to date period there are some ground rules that need to be in place no? No matter their race the person should be someone you find to be cool as all hell, enjoy at least some of the same things you enjoy and most importantly both of you should feel completely comfortable around each other.
If the comfort isn’t there aren’t you just faking jacks? How long can you possibly keep that act up?
Literally the relationship is pretty much doomed when you don’t even bring your real personality to the table.
So tell me your thoughts? Have you seen those new to the interracial dating realm personality fake? Do they really think that’s the way it should be?
Hmmm now that I think about it, I’ve seen people personality fake when dating within their own race….
What ever happened to being true to self?
Modern Day Supergirl
I PROUDLY PRESENT
YOUR COMMENTS! I LOVE 'EM
LEAVE A COMMENT
AND MAKE ME HAPPY
- Personal Style Post PLUS!! I have NO COMPLAINTS from the closing show at the Barclays Center . http://t.co/FPEm6Chx 2012-10-10
- I know a lot of people were disappointed with the opening Jay Z show at the new Barclay Center... but I have NO... http://t.co/NZVym1Ic 2012-10-10
- Check out my professional profile and connect with me on LinkedIn. http://t.co/Eb1VIMLR #in 2012-10-10
- What!? RT @huffpostmoney: New York ATMs found with $110,000 in Fake Money http://t.co/UneT0wAZ” 2012-10-10
- My sleep pattern is all screwed up today.. I'm wide awake.. Might as well get some work done!!! Who's up with me??? 2012-10-10
- The federal unemployment rate is 7.8% but in NYC and in the black community its almost 50%... This is just mindblowing to me. 2012-10-10
- Look who was waiting up for me! 2012-10-10
- What's going to work!? TEAMWORK!! http://t.co/SyauCbKX 2012-10-10
- Follow Me